Wednesday 4 December 2013

SANDY HOOK SHOOTING: 911 CALLS TRANSCRIPTS


 
Police at the School Dec. 2012 Source: Wikipedia/youtube



Newtown, CT: On Wednesday, December 4th, the 911 calls from the day of the Sandy Hook Shooting were released to the public for the first time.
Below you will find the transcripts from those calls. If you would like to listen to the calls, please click here. The transcripts were originally posted on courant.com at this link.




From Call #1 at 9:35:39 a.m.
“Sandy Hook School. I think there’s somebody shooting in here in Sandy Hook School.”
Dispatcher: “What makes you think that?”
“Somebody’s got a gun. I saw a glimpse of somebody running down the hallway. They’re still around me. There’s still shooting. Sandy Hook School please.”

Call #2 is a duplicate of Call #1.

Call 3 at 9:36:13 a.m., Rick Thorne, Custodian
Caller: Sandy Hook Elementary School, 12 Dickinson Drive
Dispatcher: Yeah, I’ve got that. What’s going on down there?
C: There’s … I believe there’s shooting at the front – at the front glass. Something’s going on.
D: OK, all right I got I want you to stay on the line with me. Where are you in the school?
C: I’m down the corridor – I’m
D: All right I want you to take cover. Jen – get the sergeant – all right get everybody you can going down there. All right. Let me – let me get some information here. What makes you think that.
C: The front glass is all shot out, it kept, it kept going on.
D: OK –
C: It’s still happening!
D: All right, what about the students in the front of the building?
C: They’re – they’re everything’s locked up as far as I know, I’m not in the front
D: All right – you’re in lockdown?
C: They’re in lockdown
D: Did you see anything out the window?
C: No, it’s still going on! I can’t get over there
D: OK, I don’t want you to go over there. I want to know what’s happening with the students, though, along the front corridor – this is in the front parking lot?
C: Yes. I’m not – I’m not in the front, I’m actually down the other part, but I’m close.
D: OK. Do you see anything or hear anything more?
C: I keep hearing shooting – I keep hearing popping.
(dispatch chatter)
D: All right. Now who am I talking with right now?
C: You’re talking with Rick
D: Pardon me? What’s your name?
C: Rich Thorne
D: Rich Thorne? All right. Rick, what’s your position with the school?
C: I’m – I’m acting head custodian.
D: All right.
Other dispatcher: What’s the address of the school?
C&D: 12 Dickinson Drive
Other dispatcher: OK
C: Something’s happening
D: OK – (to dispatcher in background) Jen, hang up, I need you to get off that phone
D: All right, Rick? Rick?
C: Yeah
D: All right, what are you hearing now
C: It’s - Now it’s silent
D: OK. All right. Now when you say the school is in lockdown –
C: All doors are locked, kids are in classrooms.
D: OK. So at this time you’re defending in place.
C: Excuse me?
D: OK. At this time, all the rooms are locked.
C: Yes.
D: K. Did you see anything out front before this started?
C: No. And I was out all morning.
D: Where are you in the –
C: OK, the gym teacher told me they saw shadows going past the gym.
D: Just now?
C: Yes.
D: All right. Now are they running on the outside or the inside?
C: I would say that was the outside? – There’s still shooting going on! Please!
D: All right – what about injuries at this time?
C: Excuse me?
D: What about injuries at this time?
C: I don’t know of any injuries right now.
D: OK
(inaudible background)
D: Jen I need you to call the state police
C: There’s still – It’s still going on!
From Call #4 at 9:37:06 a.m.
Teacher: “It sounds like there are gunshots in the hallway. I’m a teacher in the school.

Dispatcher: “Are you in the school right now?”

Teacher: “I am in the school, I’m in a classroom.”

Dispatcher: “Do you have everyone in the classroom and the door locked?”

Teacher: “All of my students. The door is not locked yet I could go lock the door.

Dispatcher: “Lock the door keep everyone down, keep everyone calm, get everyone away from the windows.”

Teacher: “Yes ok.”

Dispatcher: “Where are you in the school?”

Teacher: “I am in the hallway when you walk in the front entrance if you take a left.”

Dispatcher: “Try to lock down the school, OK?”

Teacher: “We’re trying.”

From Call #5 at 9:40:02 a.m.
“This is state police.  I’ve got a victim..she’s been shot once in the foot. She’s in room No. 1…How close are you guys to arriving on scene?”
Newtown Dispatcher: “Female party shot in the foot.”
Connecticut State Police: “Right by the playground. Room No. 1.
Newtown Dispatcher:  “Are you ok? Where’s room No. 1 in the school”
Teacher: “Facing the playground
Newtown Dispatcher: On the playground
Teacher: Facing the playground
Newtown Dispatcher to teacher: “Are you safe right now?”
Teacher: “I think so. My classroom door is not locked.
Newtown Dispatcher: “Is there anybody that can lock the classroom door?”
Teacher: “No..there’s children in this room still.
Try to apply pressure okay
Is there any other teacher with you
There’s 2 other adults in the school with me
They’re over on the other side of the bookshelf
Are you ok for now
For now hopefully, just try to keep pressure on it
Call 6 at 9:40:20 a.m., Rick Thorne, Custodian    
D: K, I have that, we have officers on scene.
C: Thank you.
D: What’s your name?
C: Rick Thorne.
D: OK
C: I’m in the building
D: All right, Rick, I gotcha, I’m on the other line. All right. We have officers there.
(background noise, dispatch noise – Newtown 911, what’s the location of your emergency, repeating)
C: Are you talking to me?
D: I am talking to you. Is this Rick?
C: 12 Dickinson Drive, Sandy Hook.
D: All right, Rick, is this you?
C: Yes
D: OK. We’re going back on the line together. Is that by – is that by PD?
C: The firehouse. It’s by the firehouse.
D: Yeah we got, we got, I’m sorry … (background noise, discussions with dispatchers) Well I’m not let - sending them in there yet. Where is she in the school? Don’t worry about where room 1 is. Where is she in the school? - Yes ma’am.  At this time it’s unknown to me. We believe there is a shooting going on at that school. It is in lockdown. I don’t have any other information but unfortunately I’m going to have to put you on hold for a moment because I have multiple calls going. All right?
Newtown 911. Rick?
C: Yes
D: OK. Stay on the phone with me.
C: OK.
D: 10-4, it’s dispatcher (?) – yes ma’am, I just spoke with Janet Robinson, I do believe there has been a shooting at the school, we’re in the middle of multiple calls. Yes ma’am.
D: Hi, Rick, are you still with me?
C: Yes.
D: All right. What do you see now?
C: I’m standing in the corridor, just watching the corridor.
D: All right, you’re watching your corridor.
C:  Yes.
D: OK. Um  


Call 7 at 9:43:55 a.m., Rick Thorne, Custodian 
D: We got a shooting at Sandy Hook School. You’re going to have to talk to the first selectman. I’ve already talked to Janet Robinson and -- Newtown police, dispatcher Newton. Yeah. Very. Uh at this point I would maintain your post in your school. All right? Thank you. – All right. Do you hear any police officers at this time, Rick?
C: I’m hearing talking. I’m not seeing anybody and I’m hearing talking.
D: OK
C: Like I said, I’m standing in the middle of this corridor. -- CUSTODIAN! CUSTODIAN! – (Background, unknown speaker: Who are you?) CUSTODIAN!
D: All right, tell them you’re on the phone with me.
C: I’m on the phone with dispatch! (background speaker, inaudible) – Victims in the buildings!
D: How many?
C: How many? (background: Two down!) Two down!
D: Got it. Is it safe?
(background: Did you see anybody firing a gun?)
C: I saw nobody!
-E.R.
Adam Lanza shot his way into the school.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment